anti-bark device for relentess barking dog

Noisy Neighbors & Businesses, Barking Dogs, Strategy, Landlords, HOAs, Apartment Managers, Police, Litigation.
Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:55 pm
I have a neighbor who will not control their dogs from barking (small yappy dogs). they roam the neighborhood barking at any that stirs, including rustling leafs (ok, maybe that's an exaggeration).

I had reported this neighbor twice to code ordinance, yet despite having received summons, chose to maintain the same disregard for neighbors. People that own pets don't hear them - in the same way that parents don't hear the ear-piercing screechs of their children, be it in restaurants or otherwise.

I was looking for a recommendation for an effective anti-bark device.
Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:53 am
My aunt had such a dog.

Have you considered offering the offending household a gift of valentine's day style chocolate, with a little card addressing it to the dog?
I have heard that this has a pronounced positive effect on a dog's placidity, and how could the owner say no to such a peace offering?
Anyway, I'm no dog gastronomy expert, but it could be a great treat for both you and the dog!
Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:41 pm
Although that sounds nice, a box of chocolates could actually kill a dog. I guess that would solve the parking problem in a very a neighborly fashion :-)
Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:05 am
Do not poison the neighbor's dog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO0Sy3sz ... 05C95CC714

Also, do not shoot him, like this guy:
Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 pm
The best way to silence the dog would be to take to a vet and have it "de-barked".. they clip the vocal cords. No more barking... just teeth snapping. much quieter.
Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:23 am
To get into the anechoic chamber, you go through two bank vault-like doors. The floor in the room is mesh like a trampoline so there's nothing on the floor for the sound to bounce off of. The walls are lined with sound-proofing wedges that are a meter long so they absorb the sound.
Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:02 pm
I have a neighbor whose dog barks from 5 p.m. (feeding time) until 2-3 a.m. in the morning. Absolutely nothing works. Law enforcement just laugh at you, neighbors threaten you for complaining, and every device ie: supersonic whistles etc. have no effect whatsoever. It is enough to make you want to do things you would never do otherwise. I am an animal lover but this is too much to handle and it's so pervasive. There are organizations trying to get laws passed and trying to get them enforced but they are not widespread enough, there is not enough power behind them and not enough money or people. The only way to solve this is to throw enough money at the issue or enough media, consistently. Humiliate the dog owners, put them on the news and identify them to everyone then fine them and threaten to remove offending dog from the home.

De-barking only works for your own dogs, can't really kidnap your neighbor's dog and take it in for a surgical procedure. Too bad, though.

["Like second-hand smoke or elevated mercury levels, noise damages the well-being and health of the many, in order to benefit the few"]
Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:29 am
Unfortunately we live in an age of moral degeneracy where anything goes and people only care about themselves. These kinds of problems will only get worse, not better as time goes on and the old people from a more civil era continue to die off and get replaced with young punks. If your neighbor is that bad you may just have to move Ive had to sell and move because of bad neighbors twice already, and Ive only owned 4 houses. Just be happy its not a boom car. At least a dog's bark doesnt really go through the walls of your house too good, and whatever does go through can be covered up with a fan perhaps.
Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:54 pm
Bass, we seem to touch on the same subjects.
I do have my home up for sale, I have to move. It's not only the barking dogs, it's also the thumping music, the loud generators, the tractors even though there are no farms here, the low flying private planes, the bullies who try to harass and threaten me etc. etc.
I have moved 5 times in the last 15 years solely to get away from noise. Often the barking dogs are included in that noise. The last place I lived didn't even allow dogs but people snuck them in anyway. The dogs where I live currently are so bad, I can rarely go outside anymore. I was lied to about the dogs before I moved here, or I wouldn't have even considered buying this place. I don't believe there are any anti-barking devices that work. I can't find any, which leads me to believe that it's just a marketing ploy to prey on desperate people and take their money.
I totally agree with Bass that each generation, with some exceptions, are getting worse about morality and civility. Morality is more subjective in my point of view, civility is being considerate of those around you, having respect for others and taking their needs into mind as you conduct your life, not causing harm or suffering to others. Each person is not an entity unto themselves. Yes, we are unique individuals with individual tastes and opinions. As a society, we must have rules to protect the many and to prevent chaos. My quality of life is affected because my neighbors are selfish, attention-seeking, uncivil people who often have no respect for others. My health is also greatly affected as is anyone who is victimized by unwanted noise. Just as we shouldn't have to breathe in second-hand smoke, we shouldn't have to be subjected to other people's noise. Or their dogs.
Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:02 pm
sdt369 wrote:
neighborhood barking at any that stirs, including rustling leafs (ok, maybe that's an exaggeration).

Nope you're right. My landlady had a dog like this and I caught him barking at rustling leaves often. German shepherd, too.