noisy neighbors

Noisy Neighbors & Businesses, Barking Dogs, Strategy, Landlords, HOAs, Apartment Managers, Police, Litigation.
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:30 am
Hi all, hopefully you can all help me.

I live in an apt building, and the people upstairs are driving me nuts.

All night long its hat dancing, drinking and lord knows what once their motorcycle posse shows up on the weekends. Has to be 10 people up there I would bet, plus the children during the week, which easily doubles on the weekend.

And of course once the drunks start coming out of the building like some circus car trick, they just have to see who's motorcycle is loudest. The police have drove right on by like nothing was happening before.

The building layout has to be slightly different then mine, as I believe their bathroom is right over my bedroom, and its a nightmare! Never knew some peoples where so vocal when using the bathroom.

I've resorted to having to sleep in my car at nights if its nice enough out, but its winter time now. I keep getting ear infections from sleeping with earplugs in, which i had to wear out in the car too, because of all the cats running around in heat. Doesn't anyone keep control of their cats anymore?

I have tried talking to the building manager, but he's always "out" or at some convention in florida.
Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:46 am
Sorry to hear about your situation. At my first apartment the tenant upstairs used to shake the whole building with his music. Management refused to help so I consulted a lawyer. He wrote a letter to the apartment management stating that since they were unable and/or unwilling to provide for the "quiet enjoyment" of my home they were therefore in violation of the rental agreement - basically he turned the tables and said their inaction on the noise problem resulted in them breaking my lease. I moved out and they never pursued the matter.
Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:57 am
hatesNoise we have same problem all night it's so very very noisy i can't sleep.
by the way thank to you mrx. i try to get a lawyer it's effective.
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:48 am
Yup get the lawyer and get rid of these noisy neighbors...