start your own community

Problems & Solutions, Community Activism, News Reports, Published Articles, Research Studies, Academia.
Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:09 pm
I really fear this website will disappear. :(
Thinking out loud here. I was just thinking of starting a meetup.com group for noise pollution.
and no that's not a dating website and this is not some spam post.
meetup is a website oriented around connecting with people locally who share similar interests.
We need to start forming localized groups that can lobby our local governship about this topic.

That's my idea of the day. Give it a try and or share your thoughts about it.
Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:40 pm
I just tried to make a group. They want 9.99 a month. I'm pretty sure it was free several years ago when I discovered the site :(
Still, it may be worth it to you. If you want, I can help you come up with a really great group description and focused topic.
Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:51 pm
Good idea, Bat, but these groups already exist. Noise Free America has local chapters. You may have a local chapter in your area. Who knows. Simply go to the Noise Free America website and click on local chapters. If you want to start a new chapter in your area, I belive that you need to make a donation to Noise Free America. I was thinking about starting a chapter one day. But I never did because I have a feeling that they arent getting much done. I was also thinking about using meetup.com and doing soemthing similar. So we both think alike.
Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:53 pm
Not everyone knows about NFA chapters. The more groups on the more websites the better. :)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:00 pm
The meetup.com idea is a good one, excpet for the fact that I have a feeling that us people who hate noise pollution are very rare. I was recently discussing this with another member in the Noise Free America forum. We were discussing it under a topic thread called "small claims court". In the thread, we were both sharing how we had similar experiences trying to start a group in our town. We both even deigned flyers that he would hand out to invite people. Both of us had nothing but opposition.
Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:14 am
It would be nice to meet another person in the town who hates noiuse pollution as much as I do. Its so strange that Im the only one! Two could get more done than one perhaps.
By the way,
I no longer am promoting Noise Free America. I think that the person running the site is a scammer who cares more about money than the cause. Im glad I never donated to the site.
Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:35 am
I was thinking today about if I had the money and time to make a website, I'd post fliers and signs around parking lots. Like at the public library especially advocating for less use of noise.

I was inspired by a video campaign I found on youtube. See PM