National Parks

Problems & Solutions, Community Activism, News Reports, Published Articles, Research Studies, Academia.
Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:00 pm
If anyone has the inclination. Try coming up with, or hold a contest to see who can come up with the best brief blurb that National Parks can stick in their newspaper literature that is handed out to all visitors about noise pollution and more specifically car horns or bass systems. Then send it to your favorite national park. They are very receptive to these issues.

I'd love to create a resource that people/blurbs can direct to for people to learn how to best approach noise pollution problems and bringing awareness to the issue.

It could be like a cartoon joke. One example maybe as I brainstorm. Some birds nesting in a tree making a comment about some noise and shown below them is a car parked in a camping spot making noise.

This is sorta related to my post here.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4448
Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:38 pm
That sounds like a very good idea, but the distrepectful little cunts will just wrinkle it up and throw it out of their boom cars onto the side of the park road on their way futher into the park.
Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:50 pm
I don't think they will wrinkle up and throw out the whole park newspaper any more than they would normally since it would just be a blurb in the paper.
Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:11 am
Ill try to think of something to design and if I can come up with it Ill put it in your PM box
Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:18 am
Cool. I have been posting on national park facebook pages about this issue. I also visited several this summer and they are extremely friendly and intolerant of pollution of any kind. If you feel comfortable enough, post your sketch on the forum. With any luck it will go viral or turn into a meme if someone copies it to redit or twitter or something. hahaha
Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:30 am
PM sent.