H.R.3384 - Quiet Communities Act of 2015

United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Office of Noise Abatement and Control (ONAC), Noise Ordinances, Activism, Lobbying, Advocacy, Testimony, Rights, Enforcement.
Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:34 am
Hello all,
Here is an historic opportunity to change the balance of power in the noise arena. Contact your elected officials in Washington and let them know you want this bill to pass and be signed into law.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-con ... /3384/text
Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:25 am
Ok, I will. But I would actually prefer to do something bigger. Would this idea be helpful? I want to print this bill out, along with a petition, and get people to sign it stating that they want it passed, and then mail that into the people in Washington. Would that be a good idea, or should I just write these people representing myself?
Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:44 pm
Dear Bass...
There is already a petition for that which I posted previously. I have worked to get it publicized for 8 months and it has only less than 6oo signatures. I have that petition on change.org and moveon.org, and the combined total is less than 800. It is very disappointing how little people understand about noise. Big media has done a good job indoctrinating the masses. It is an indictment of media bias that other petitions about lesser issues can collect thousands of signers, but noise doesn't. It is our job to educate and deprogram the public on a personal level. Who are your elected officials in Washington?
Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:05 pm
I have been supporting HR3384. I have been connecting with a few like minded people with which I have shared it and they now know it exists. I and some people I know have written their representatives about it. I have also made official public comment to my town about noise. Good luck to all, get the word out and please promote this bill in a peaceful way.
Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:20 pm
I'd favor an amendment that fully legalized shooting people who operate extremely loud vehicles for a week or more. No joke.

P.S. It's "a historic," not "an historic." When choosing between "a" and "an," it's the sound of the subsequent word that matters, not the spelling.
Sun May 29, 2016 12:49 am
awake1,

Did you see the latest petition for this?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... d-relaxing