Motorcycles

Motorcycles with Straight Pipes, Boom Cars, Car Alarms, Semi Trucks with Engine Brakes, Off-Road Vehicles, Back-Up Alarms, Keyless Entry Sounds, Artificial Vehicle Sounds, Rumbler Sirens.
141 posts
Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:37 pm
Remain Silent wrote:
For any peaceful human being, those stock exhaust on the V twins are too loud, loud enough to cause a reverbating loud echo and loud enough for the v twin to disrupt any peaceful persons concentration, stock exhausts are too loud they make us sick to our stomach to hear any loud vehicle including loud motorcycles modified or not! The Honda Goldwing is tops, even standing next to a Honda Goldwing, one can barely hear the subtle idle. Only allow quiet motorcycles such as the Honda Goldwing on the roads, just think how peaceful life would be? And wild rabbits wouldn't be frightened by any noise. Wild rabbits are known to actually jump across the loud motorcycles handlebars, seat, and/or gas tank because the wild rabbits are so frightened by the loud noise from the loud motorcycles. Sad how peaceful wildlife cannot live in peace either because of loud mufflerless motorcycles. Just happy that we don't support loud motorcycles and/or any other loud vehicle.

The Honda Goldwing (Opposed 6 cyl.) and my V-Twin Honda Sabre are both 83 db., yet you would certainly say that the Sabre is louder. Why do you think that is?
Your statement about high-jumping rabbits is interesting. Could you give a valid reference for the information?
Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:38 am
In reference to the Honda (GoldwingGL1500) has evolved as being environmentally and socially accepted because ot it's quieter decibel level. The "V-Twin I was referring to was the Harley Davidson "V-Twin" which has always been loud regardless osf stock of modified exhausts. I was not referring to any Honda "Sports-bike" , which decibel levels exceed the Goldwing Touring GL1500 motorcycle.

The facts about the wild rabbits being frightened enough to jump across the handlebars of the loud motorcyclists, the echo reverb surrounding the tailpipes because of the lack of mufflers frighten the wild rabbits so much that they panic in fear, much like the "fight or flight syndrome" in humans. Needlessly causing any wildlife unnecessary distress is considered by many peace loving citizens as "abuse and /or cruelty to animals." Many loud motorcyclists often brag about how many wild rabbits jump across their handlebars in Louisiana. We hear the loud "noise bullies" all the time at our local convienience store where the loud motorcyclists gang-up to buy beer for their loud "biker rallies", we call them "drunk fests".

The loud motorcycles will be someday be considered as "off-road use only" when legislation passes across the United States against loud mufflers.
Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:36 pm
RS, Now you are backing off of your statement that granted Sainthood to riders of Goldwings. You totally ignored my question about why you consider a v-twin of the same decibel level to be louder. The answer is that it isn't louder if it is the same decibel reading. :lol:
As for the leaping rabbits, I can truthfully say that I have never witnessed this, regardless of the loudness of the bike. The word "flight" means to run away, not jump towards. They sure don''t stay to fight. Some might say, that "it makes a nice story", and is quite amusing, but totally without basis in fact. This sort of thing is reminiscent of the nonsense regularly dispensed by animal rights radicals, so it comes as no surprise. Nice try. :lol:
Your attempt at character assassination of motorcyclists is pathetic. How would you know what motorcyclists brag about since I'm sure they don't talk with you. BTW, nobody would by beer by the pack at a convenience store.for a party. You buy it by the keg.
Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:01 am
barkingdogatlas wrote:
Thanks for all of that info. I'm going to stay away from Louisiana, except maybe for Jazz fest.

Collecting tag numbers of weaving DUI's and/or loud vehicles and notifying the Local Police has become a hobby while commuting. Installed a dashcam, one fact about cameras, police know who and what to look for when crimes are committed. While we travel at 70 loud bikers pass us travelling at least 85 to 90 mph on the interstate.
Lawless Louisiana.
Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:29 am
EZ No, don't have any use for any motorcycle nor questions about them, if I did, it would be a Honda Goldwing GL 1500, because it's quiet and reliable. The drivers of the Honda Goldwing Touring motorcycles drive with common sense, they use turn signals, never cut me off, and are usually decent drivers. Loud harley bikers seem to want to deafen, destroy, and/or sideswipe my vehicle while passing me on the interstate at 85 to 90 mph while I am travelling at 70 mph. Their loud noise must raise their blood pressure as they are attempting to run from their own loud noise.

After being physically threatened by loud drug dealing bikers in our neighborhood, No, We don't want loud bikers selling drugs to our kids and No, We don't want noise bullies here either!

The concept is very simple concerning frightened domestic and wild animals, re; wild rabbits, when the issue is low frequency loud noise they panic. Rabbits cannot run, they have to jump to escape their predator(s). We've seen rabbits jump as high as 4 to 5 feet high in fear when a fox approaches them. Your laughter doesn't phase me, I've heard all the naive excuses and false rhetoric from persons that don't care about how animals are mistreated and abused. When people abuse animals, they work their way up to abusing people! Dogs that bark 24/7/365 is the fault of the owner, not the dog. Correction, Animal Advocates.

I hope Jefrenche received some help with stopping the motocross track in Georgia? One loud motorcycle is bad enough.
Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:57 am
Remain Silent wrote:

The concept is very simple concerning frightened domestic and wild animals, re; wild rabbits, when the issue is low frequency loud noise they panic. Rabbits cannot run, they have to jump to escape their predator(s). We've seen rabbits jump as high as 4 to 5 feet high in fear when a fox approaches them. Your laughter doesn't phase me, I've heard all the naive excuses and false rhetoric from persons that don't care about how animals are mistreated and abused. When people abuse animals, they work their way up to abusing people! Dogs that bark 24/7/365 is the fault of the owner, not the dog. Correction, Animal Advocates.

Excessive speed is hardly limited to bikes. As for traveling at 85. Extended periods on a motorcycle w/o a windshield, are virtually impossible. The wind force is tremendous and tries to pull you off the bike. You have to really hang on. Can't do that for very long.

Drug sales is not limited to bikers either. Fact is that the pusher in your neighborhood is likely in your kids class at school and rides a skateboard! It's his boss that you have problems with.

When rabbits panic they freeze. Sad but true. A frightened rabbit is literally paralyzed with fear while the fox attacks repeatedly. I have no doubt that a rabbit is capable of a 5 ft leap, just not towards what has frightened it.
No, I don't practice or condone animal abuse, so save it for somebody who does. I am fortunate to have neighbors who don't allow their dogs to bark. Good neighbors.
Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:45 am
EZDUZIT wrote:
The word "flight" means to run away, not jump towards. They sure don''t stay to fight. Some might say, that "it makes a nice story", and is quite amusing, but totally without basis in fact. This sort of thing is reminiscent of the nonsense regularly dispensed by animal rights radicals, so it comes as no surprise. Nice try.

We have lived in rural country all of our lives, watching and photographing wildlife over the years. it's obvious that loud motorcyclists haven't studied wildilfe nor appreciate nature. Loud motorcyclists and loud pickup truck drivers intentionally attempt to destroy peaceful people and nature with the loud domestic-terrorist-deafening-straight-pipe-noise.

When you laugh at the descriptive facts of wild rabbits being frightened by loud motorcyclists, yet "typically" deny the descriptive facts, therefore you have proven yourself to condone animal abuse/cruelty through the use of a loud motorcycle(s). When a loud motorcycle backfires and frightens a young child and/or elderly person, supposedly that amuses you also?

EZDUZIT wrote:
Your attempt at character assassination of motorcyclists is pathetic. How would you know what motorcyclists brag about since I'm sure they don't talk with you.

"Character assassaination," Loud motorcyclists have proven themselves to us to be abrasive, violent, and hostile by their expression of their explicit criminal behavior. Example; Loud motorcyclists dealing drugs on our street, then threatening us with violence after we witnessed their "activities". Another incident, different loud motorcyclists driving by shooting towards our home with 9mm and .40 caliber pistols at 2:45 a.m. after we report them to the police the day before for trespassing, urinating, and defecating in our front yard with our family members as witnesses. We collected over 25 shell casings from our driveway the next day! "Pathetic", unfortunately true!

We have studied and researched loud bikers for many years since they encroached into our region, we know what they are about. When loud motorcyclists and boom vehicles terrorize any neighborhood, the loud motorcyclists and boom vehicles draw attention to themselves, isn't what they wanted all along?

Why do we drive around the back of a restaurant before attempting to go in? We look for one or more loud straight pipe harley(s) parked in back of any well known restaurant, not drive-ins, restaurants, if they are there, we go somewhere else. We will not eat food at any restaurant where there is any loud motorcyclist(s).
Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:19 am
Remain Silent wrote:
When you laugh at the descriptive facts of wild rabbits being frightened by loud motorcyclists, yet "typically" deny the descriptive facts, therefore you have proven yourself to condone animal abuse/cruelty...............

I'm laughing because you are presenting nonsense and trying to call it "descriptive facts".

Remain Silent wrote:
"Character assassaination," Loud motorcyclists have proven themselves to us to be abrasive, violent, and hostile by their expression of their explicit criminal behavior.

When you attribute negative "qualitys" to people you don't even know, that is called PREJUDICE" Prejudice is practiced by BIGOTS.

Remain Silent wrote:
Example; Loud motorcyclists dealing drugs on our street, then threatening us with violence after we witnessed their "activities".

You are messing with drug dealers and it surprises you that you are getting shot at?! Take my advice and give them a WIDE berth. They play rough.

Remain Silent wrote:
.............. loud motorcyclists and boom vehicles draw attention to themselves, isn't what they wanted all along?

Yes

Remain Silent wrote:
We will not eat food at any restaurant where there is any loud motorcyclist(s).

I'll bet that they really don't care one way or the other.

My bikes have unmodified mufflers that are stamped as complying with the law. According to the law, my bikes are not loud. Don't accuse me of riding a loud bike, even if the law doesn't go as far as you might like.
Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:52 pm
Then why do you continue to defend the criminal underclass who insists on modifying their mufflers to scare the shit out of everyone?
Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:32 am
BDA: If you go back thru my posts, you will find that I never advocated modifying mufflers. I did say that I think 83 db is too quiet and I still think so. As I said, I didn't modify my pipes. I baffled my son's pipes because he bought the bike with modified pipes already on it. My beef is with Police checkpoints and not using db meters.
141 posts